It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I undo part of chages from a big changeset?

Pravin Patil (104135133) | asked Jan 15 '16, 2:29 p.m.


I have a big changeset which was created after modifying ~40+ files. I want to revert changes that were done on 7 files. But I don't get a option to revert the changes on selective files from that changeset.

Please suggest on how can this be done?

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Jan 15 '16, 2:43 p.m.
If the change set has not been "completed" (either explicitly, or as a side-effect of "deliver"), then you can just discard the changes you do not want.   If it has been completed, then you will have to create a "patch" from that change set, discard the parts of the patch that you don't want, and checkin the rest.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.