It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Quick Planner question

Sterling Ferguson-II (1.6k8281269) | asked Oct 29 '14, 4:36 p.m.
5.0.1 - QP (Preview).

I logged in to ProjectA and tested creating some work items with Quick Planner.

I logged in to ProjectB to create some more work items in QP, and when I went to select a tag, my tags from ProjectA appeared...

Is this right?

Seems like a secure issue. Is it fixed in 5.0.2?

thanks

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Oct 29 '14, 8:34 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The tags should be local to a project area.
I just tried this in my 5.0.1 repository, and tags from one project area do not appear in another project area.
When you say you are "logged in to a ProjectA", that means that ProjectA appears in the banner ?
You might have to work with support to find out why your environment is acting this way.

Sterling Ferguson-II selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Sterling Ferguson-II commented Oct 30 '14, 10:23 a.m.

Hello Geoffrey,

I did another test. I did the initial tests on 2 LPAs trying to follow the tutorial for the QP, which has you create 3 tags, server/website/mobile.

So I logged in to my JKE Banking project, (as a different user), and I wanted to create a new WI and create a new tag for this forum question (jazznettest). When I went to create this tag, I was given the tags I created elsewhere (other projs):

So then I logged in to  a recent project I created to test the ALM Agile Template. I went to create a work item, and now I have a choice of tags from the other two projects, and JKE Banking...

So, this looks like something that could be an issue if you have classified projects or work with different customers...

As this is a tech preview, I can't get support, but I am hoping it's fixed in 502.

Geoffrey Clemm commented Oct 31 '14, 12:24 a.m. | edited Oct 31 '14, 12:25 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

With the help of the screenshots you included, I was able to recreate what you are seeing.  What I see here appears to be only a "browser window cache" ... i.e. all tags that you have used in a particular browser window are remembered for subsequent use in that browser window.  If that is correct, I don't see that this is any security issue ... you are just seeing tags that you have already used in that browser window from projects you are authorized to see.  In particular, if you open a new browser session, or even create a new browser window in that same browser session, it does not appear to know about any of the tags you've used in another browser window (other than the ones that belong to that project area of course).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.