It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 6.0.1 linux installation: Liberty vs Tomcat

Christopher Starr (44219) | asked Dec 30 '15, 5:41 p.m.
We currently have RTC 5.0.2 installed on linux using tomcat. We are now upgrading to RTC 6.0.1. Starting in version 6.0.1, Apache Tomcat is not provided as the default application server. While I do see that Tomcat 7.0.59 is supported, we are considering switching to use the new WebSphere Liberty default. Are there advantages to staying with Tomcat, or does the new WebSphere Liberty default work well? Will we run into any anticipated issues switching to WebSphere Liberty? Note that we are a small group of about 20 developers and we only run JTS and CCM. Is WebSphere Liberty lightweight enough for us? Thanks for any guidance.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Dec 31 '15, 1:33 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I personally would recommend switching to WebSphere Liberty.   I have used that without any difficulties in my test installations, and have not heard of any problems associated with switching.   If anyone has encountered problems (or has heard of someone encountering problems) with Liberty, please post a follow-up here.
Christopher Starr selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.