It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Notification to the users for referance Work Item

Vijayveer Reddy (17627) | asked Dec 28 '15, 2:34 a.m.
edited Dec 28 '15, 2:36 a.m.
Hi,

Your help will be appreciated,

We have two work items (Project Status and Defects) created in our Project Area. Currently users are subscribe to a defect manually to list of users for email notification on the changes associated to the defect.

In the Defect WI we are having a Field "Project", in that we will associate(select) Project Status WI.

When i create the Project Status WI I will subscribe the the users.

My query is...

When i create a Defect WI and associate the Project Status WI in the Project Field, the notification has to send to the users subscribed in the Project status WI.

User wants to receive email notifications for all the defects associated to a Project Status WI. Is that possible.

Thank You...!

One answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Dec 29 '15, 7:50 a.m.
there is nothing built in that will provide that function.

you can create a default value extension to set the subscribers, but it will be called  for all workitem types.

otherwise you have to write a server side extension, participant, to get the list of users and send email.
there is an old enhancement request for this kind of function
https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=177613

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.