It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTCi 1.0.1.1. CRJAZ1126I: Db Vendor not supported

Ulf Buchner (3182213) | asked Jul 30 '09, 5:32 a.m.
Hi all,

I have installed RTC for i version 1.0 and then upgraded it with two PTF's to version 1.0.1.1. Now I get loads of these messages in Status summary:

CRJAZ1126I The service "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.ConnectionPoolService" had some invalid configuration properties: CRJAZ1125I The configuration property value "DB2i" is not valid for the property "db.vendor". The "DB2i" database vendor is not supported by the server license.

I cannot install the license key however because the server is unavailable. But the server doesn't work because of a missing license. Which one is the chicken and which one is the egg?

What to do?

http://www.ulfbuechner.com/SOS/rtc.jpg

Notice by the way that in the upper left corner, Server Version says 1.0. Is this correct?

5 answers

permanent link
Ulf Buchner (3182213) | answered Jul 30 '09, 5:34 a.m.
Hi all,

I have installed RTC for i version 1.0 and then upgraded it with two PTF's to version 1.0.1.1. Now I get loads of these messages in Status summary:

CRJAZ1126I The service "com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.rdb.ConnectionPoolService" had some invalid configuration properties: CRJAZ1125I The configuration property value "DB2i" is not valid for the property "db.vendor". The "DB2i" database vendor is not supported by the server license.

I cannot install the license key however because the server is unavailable. But the server doesn't work because of a missing license. Which one is the chicken and which one is the egg?

What to do?

permanent link
Ulf Buchner (3182213) | answered Jul 30 '09, 5:35 a.m.
http://www.ulfbuechner.com/SOS/rtc2.jpg

permanent link
Ulf Buchner (3182213) | answered Jul 30 '09, 8:00 a.m.
I think there is some problem with the combination of the ptf and the jazz.war file. I was installing the whole thing using an old installation guide, for V1.0. This includes the jazz.war file. After this, I found the document describing how to install the ptfs to get to version v1.0.1.1. So I installed the ptfs. But the database tables and the jazz.war file were installed with the old version, so I guess one of these two things is causing the problem.

permanent link
Ulf Buchner (3182213) | answered Jul 30 '09, 9:15 a.m.
Ok, got it working. What I mentioned was the problem. So I reinstalled the PTF's and jazz.war.

Now one problem is left, I can't add users in the JazzAdmin console, because it says that I am using a read-only directory service. Probably some authority problem in the IFS of our I5.

permanent link
Ulf Buchner (3182213) | answered Jul 30 '09, 10:59 a.m.
Wrong, of course! I use the internal i5 users and groups...so I just have to add them here. :oops:

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.