It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Importing Word Document with Requirements Table

Costas Aravidis (334) | asked Dec 18 '15, 5:24 a.m.
edited Dec 18 '15, 5:45 a.m.
 Hi, 

I want to import a word document to DNG but my requirements in word are in a table format so how can I import that word table and change it, so each row of the table is an individual artefact in DNG?

Kind regards,

Costas

Accepted answer

permanent link
Keith Collyer (456511) | answered Dec 18 '15, 12:56 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I'm guessing that your table has attributes in columns? In which case, unfortunately there is no one-step way of achieving what you want. One work-around would be to paste the table into Excel and import from that, as the importer is able to import into an existing module. You may have to move the imported artifacts to the right place in the module. The .CSV importer does have requirements on the format of the file, these are covered in the help here
Costas Aravidis selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Keith Collyer commented Dec 21 '15, 5:49 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I should add one caveat, this works best if you do not have merged cells in the table. As it is quite common in requirements specification documents to vertically merge cells where they have the same value, this is something to watch out for. If this is the case, it's probably best to fix in Word before copying to Excel.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.