It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to download source code from remote jazz server automatically ?

Kalyan Mondal (1111) | asked Dec 17 '15, 1:10 a.m.
 Hi,
I work for a development team and they have their source code in a remote jazz server. They have sent me a Team Invite which I have accepted and using Eclipse RTC plugins I am able to pull code in my local machine. I have the below goals to achieve :

1. To periodically pull code from jazz server completely un-manned way. Example, I want to pull the code every 4 hours and want to trigger a local jenkins build on the pulled code.
2. To send the build completion mail to stakeholders.

To achieve above point 1, I have done the following :

1. Tried to use RTC Web Client -> Source control. For automation I can use Selenium, however, RTC Web Client-> Source Control feature does not provide facility to pull the code from project level in one shot, some one has to browse through all the folder hierarchy and can pull individual files by clicking on them.

2. I have downloaded RCT-SDK-3.0.zip and tried to use the plugins inside my Eclipse Kepler, however, I could not make it work mostly because of lack of knowledge in RTC-SDK APIs and also because I am getting below error while doing so :

java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.util.VersionStringComparator.getIntegerParts(VersionStringComparator.java:71)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.util.VersionStringComparator.innerCompare(VersionStringComparator.java:45)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.util.VersionStringComparator.compare(VersionStringComparator.java:32)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.util.ModelElementDescriptor$EvolutionDescriptorComponentVersionComparator.compare(ModelElementDescriptor.java:152)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.util.InternalTeamPlatform.initializeAdapterRegistry(InternalTeamPlatform.java:248)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.util.InternalTeamPlatform.start(InternalTeamPlatform.java:105)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.TeamPlatform.startup(TeamPlatform.java:49)

Below is the code I tried : 

TeamPlatform.startup();
ITeamRepository repo = TeamPlatform.getTeamRepositoryService().getTeamRepository("URL");
repo.registerLoginHandler(new ILoginHandler() {....};
repo.login(null);

The above error is coming while calling the API TeamPlatform.startup();

Please note that I do not have any access to change configuration on remote Jazz server and neither I can ask it for.

The goal I am trying to achieve , is it possible to achieve ?

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Dec 17 '15, 2:37 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Use the SCM commandline or the Jenkins integration - if you have permission to set your Jenkins up as one of their build engines. . For the SCM commandline see

https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/topic/com.ibm.team.scm.doc/topics/c_scm_cli.html

https://jazz.net/library/article/620

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.