It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Migration

Pradeep Kumar (112) | asked Dec 14 '15, 12:54 a.m.
Hello Team

I want to upgrade my RTC from 3.x to 5.0.2.
Previously for 3.x i was using eclipse indigo(3.7).

Now for upgrading RTC, is it necessary to upgrade eclipse client as well, like higher version of eclipse.
Or
I can use the same eclipse client(3.7).

Thank you in advance

Comments
Patrick Remington commented Dec 14 '15, 1:03 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The CLM 5.0.2 System Requirements page at https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/CLMSystemRequirements50#A7_Eclipse_Server

shows that Eclipse SDK 3.6.2.3 (Eclipse Runtime, Equinox and EMF) is required.

sam detweiler commented Dec 14 '15, 3:49 p.m. | edited Dec 14 '15, 3:50 p.m.

Also note that you cannot go directly from 3.x to 5.x, thre must be a step to 4.x then step to 5.x..  there was a change also in the middle of 4.x as well, but I think there is a reasonable upgrade path..

https://hub.jazz.net/clmhelp/index.jsp?re=1&topic=/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/c_upgrading_from_3x.html&scope=null

Geoffrey Clemm commented Dec 20 '15, 4:56 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Note that Patrick's comment is about what software is being used on the server, which isn't really relevant to the question of what RTC client versions are compatible with what RTC server versions (there is no requirement that the server-side Eclipse SDK be the same as a client-side Eclipse SDK).

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Dec 14 '15, 2:28 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You need to run an Eclipse client that is compatible to the server. RTC supports N-1 compatibility in most versions which means the client can be on the same version or one lower major version. Please note that a N-1 client might not support all capabilities and can have a lower performance as well.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.