It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DCC with proxy possible ?

Samar Singh (141522) | asked Dec 08 '15, 10:41 a.m.
Hi, 
    We have some issues with DCC configuration.
We used proxy server for all CLM application, so users could login to applications using one hostname, in our case HN1
Our configuration is RTC, RRC, RQM, JTS, JRS and  DCC  version 5.0.2 on different hosts. We installed DCC and now I could login to  it using its hostname: SYS1 not proxy HN1

So I would like clarify is it possible to use proxy for DCC? I add corresponding directive for DCC
server to conf.httpd file but after login to DCC I see in URL hostname for DCC host.

-Samar

2 answers

permanent link
Luis Peregrina (18114) | answered Dec 15 '15, 5:04 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello Samar, it depends if you setup the applications using the proxy host or the original hostname, because what DCC does is OSGi friendships, for example, DCC (using HN1) asks CCM (using HN1) for it's capabilities, it responds but using the hostname for which it was registered. DCC will use this hostname.

It could be that the applications were registered before the proxy hostname was used. If that is the case then a server rename is required to change the server name (which includes the hostname) to the new proxy hostname.

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Dec 21 '15, 11:21 a.m.
edited Dec 21 '15, 11:23 a.m.
Hello Samar,

since DCC mostly stores configuration data in its repository and not user created data, an easier alternative to the server rename would be the following:

1) Unregister DCC from JTS
2) Uninstall the DCC application from WAS / Tomcat
3) Drop the DCC repository DB (note this repository only contains DCC configuration data and not customer data that needs to be preserved)
4) Recreate the DCC repository DB
5) Reinstall DCC
6) When configuring and registering DCC only use the proxy URL

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.