It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Rational Engineering life cycle manager getting started

Kunal N (872862) | asked Dec 04 '15, 7:23 a.m.
retagged Dec 04 '15, 3:06 p.m. by Michael Afshar (7014)
 Hi All,

I am trying to evaluate RELM, I am not able to get data from (CCM,QM,RM) into RELM, do we have any link that would help me in understanding relm.

Thank you,
Kunal N

Accepted answer

permanent link
Shinji Kanai (591014) | answered Dec 18 '15, 6:12 a.m.
Hello Kunal,

LQE polls each data source at predefined intervals; I believe once in ‎60 seconds. That means there is always some delay until the change you made to the workitem gets indexed by LQE and reflected on RELM for viewing. Now, ‎IA is not designed to alert or highlight real-time changes made in applications registered as data sources. IA is also not customizable enough to satisfy your requirement. I suggest you to look into view customization instead. You might start a new thread if help is required.

Best Regard,

--Shinji
Kunal N selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Kunal N commented Dec 18 '15, 7:41 a.m.

Hi Shinji,

I created a artifact in DNG (created a requirement), after waiting for couple of hours I tried searching this artifact in RELM but I am unable to find this artifact, It has been now 2 days this artifact was created in DNG but still this artifact is not getting reflected in RELM.

I also re-indexed the data-sources in LQE, but still Artifact is not reflecting.

What may be the problem.....?

Thank you,
Kunal N

Shinji Kanai commented Dec 22 '15, 3:28 a.m.

Hello Kunal,

It doesn't sound like the problem with RELM/LQE as the index seems working without any error.... If you are still having the problem, I suggest you to start a new thread as a DNG topic. Following additional information would be helpful:

1. The version of DNG and LQE
2. Is DNG sharing same JTS with LQE?
3. Do you see artifacts from CCM and QM indexed?
4. Did you enable Global Configuration on DNG?
5. Scree-shot of Data Source page in LQE (confidential part of URL can be masked)

Best Regard,

--Shinji

Kunal N commented Dec 22 '15, 6:52 a.m.

Thanks a lot Shinji for all your help....

I will open a new thread with DNG topic....

Thank you,
Kunal

5 other answers

permanent link
Michael Afshar (7014) | answered Dec 04 '15, 1:49 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Here is the link to the knowledge center for RELM:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SS2L6K/welcome

Comments
Kunal N commented Dec 07 '15, 4:29 a.m.

Hi Michael,

I am not able to add associations in RELM( unable to add projects from RM,QM,CCM).

How can i add artifacts from RM,QM,CCM to RELM and work on it..?

Thank you,
Kunal N.

permanent link
Shinji Kanai (591014) | answered Dec 10 '15, 5:36 p.m.
Project Association is disabled in RELM, this is working as designed. RELM itself can't directly extract data from CLM applications. Then where are data shown on RELM's views coming from? To know that, you need to understand about LQE (Lifecycle Query Engine). LQE is a shared component used by not only RELM but others products such as Jazz Reporting Builder. LQE can communicate with lifecycle applications that supports TRS (Transaction Resource Set) and index data those tool expose to outer world. So essentially data you see on RELM's views are all coming through LQE. Now, for LQE to communicate with applications like RTC and RQM and index their data, you need to register them as data source, please refer to the link below. 

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/#!/SS2L6K_6.0.0/com.ibm.team.jp.lqe2.doc/topics/t_lqe_data_sources.html

If your LQE is registered with a separate JTS, you would likely need to create friend links between LQE and applications, something to keep in mind. 

‎Please let me know if you need further clarification.

--Shinji‎

Comments
Kunal N commented Dec 11 '15, 3:27 a.m.

Thank you Shinji, I have configured datasource for LQE and now i am able to pull artifacts in RELM views.

Now after pulling artifacts on RELM view I need to create reports out of it, when i click on create reports I am asked to select a report reource.

How can I create a report resource...?

Thank you,
Kunal

permanent link
Shinji Kanai (591014) | answered Dec 11 '15, 5:08 a.m.
That's good news :-) Now, there are two reporting solutions available for RELM. One is to use RPE, and the other to use Jazz Reporting Builder (was known as JRS and SPARQL Gateway). You should be  working on the former. To create a report resource, AFAIK you need a RPE template file (*.dta) which can only be created by using RPE Studio if not provided elsewhere. Luckily, RELM comes with a sample dta. The below link explains how-to generate a sample report. 
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/#!/SS2L6K_6.0.0/com.ibm.team.jp.relm.doc/topics/t_setting_up_report_template.html

Having said that all, if you are not existing RPE user, JRB/JRS can be a good choice as it can generate reports directly from LQE and the report creation is done through the friendly wizard which is built up on the open standard of using SPARQL. 

Comments
Kunal N commented Dec 11 '15, 7:03 a.m.

I want to know how to create report resource for relm for creating reports....?

permanent link
Shinji Kanai (591014) | answered Dec 11 '15, 8:23 a.m.
 I think the previous link shows you how to create a report resource (=report template)...Let me know if I.m missing something here. 

Comments
Kunal N commented Dec 16 '15, 6:18 a.m.

Hi Shinji,

I am new to RELM and trying to explore features of RELM, I have got the data in RELM from CCM,QM,RM. I have also deployed predefined views using which i can display data. I would like to know do we have any user manual available for relm.

I want to create impact analysis diagram in RELM which would show changes between artifacts at run time.

Thank you,
Kunal N

permanent link
Shinji Kanai (591014) | answered Dec 16 '15, 7:54 a.m.
edited Dec 16 '15, 7:55 a.m.
Hi Kunal,
The documentation for RELM is now part of RTC, which is accessible from the link below:

https://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/#!/SSCP65_6.0.0/com.ibm.rational.clm.doc/helpindex_clm.html

As to Impact Analysis (IA), please check the link below:

https://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/#!/SSCP65_6.0.0/com.ibm.team.jp.relm.doc/topics/t_analyze_impact_change.html

Just to clarify. You use IA to visualize the upstream and/or downstream relationship originated from the artifact you select. The generated diagram will then help you to see how the change you make to the selected artifact would affect other artifacts scattering across different domains. You might also find this youtube link (https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLYkK478y33JDPntuzy0yViS2ivdhDEKg-&v=aCcpb9ayR_s) helpful. 

Best Regard,
--Shinji‎

Comments
Kunal N commented Dec 17 '15, 4:33 a.m. | edited Dec 17 '15, 4:39 a.m.

Thank you Shinji....

I have a following scenario:

I have requirements linked with testcases from QM and also requirement is implemented  by a work item in RTC.

Now when I do impact analysis for this requirement through RELM: I select this requirement artifact as focus artifact and then it shows me all the links related to this requirement now if I make changes in RTC workitem can RELM impact analysis diagram show me the impact run-time.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.