It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM - Is there a monitoring solution for Command Line Adapter (CLA) service?

Sridhar Kotikalapudi (134) | asked Dec 03 '15, 12:50 p.m.
 We use Command Line Adapter (CLA) service for test automation with RQM. It has been quite challenging to track the availability of CLA Service. Is there any monitoring solution available for CLA service?

3 answers

permanent link
David Mehaffy (90123338) | answered Dec 03 '15, 1:37 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Have you looked at the Adapter Console under the Execution drop down?  It will show you the health of all adapters that are installed on remote machines.

permanent link
Sridhar Kotikalapudi (134) | answered Dec 04 '15, 3:47 a.m.

Hi David,

Thanks for your response. Yes, through the console, I could see the status. I want an external monitoring solution that can detect the availability or downtime of CLA service. Is it something you are aware of?  

Comments
David Mehaffy commented Dec 04 '15, 9:57 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I can't think of an easy way to do that.  Basically the CLA connects to the QM server and sends "ping" messages and asks "is there any work for me".  You would either have to have some monitoring of the processes on the clients or intercept those messages to be able to monitor.

permanent link
Jörg Werner (3033881) | answered Sep 26 '19, 6:39 a.m.
You can do it with Selenium.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.