It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM Excel Importer: Textformatting for "testscript.steps.description"

Holger Schmid (1325) | asked Dec 03 '15, 6:07 a.m.
edited Dec 07 '15, 7:13 a.m.
I'm using RQM Excel Importer to import testcases. The testscript steps description contains some HTML code like "<_p_>Ticketverkauf abschlie&_szlig;en und pr&_uuml;fen<_/p_>" and is used for "testscript.steps.description". When checking the imported testscript, the text for the testscript steps description contains exactly this string, including "<_p_>" and "&_szlig;".

Sorry for the "wrong" html above - I can not get it into this description correctly.

If I import the same text into testcase.Section("myns:com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.testCasePreCondition","RQM-KEY-TC-PRE-COND-TITLE"), the text is correctly formatted.

I also tried using Div() or Pre() but this does not change the result.

Anything else I could try?

Thanks,
Holger

Comments
Holger Schmid commented Dec 07 '15, 4:25 a.m. | edited Dec 27 '15, 7:48 p.m.

Does anyone has any ideas how to get the RichText() modifier working? Am I missing any installed package?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Holger

2 answers

permanent link
Reshma Ratnani (1.1k1) | answered Dec 03 '15, 6:19 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Hogler,

Did you try RichText() modifier?

https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RQMExcelWordImporter#Modifiers_of_data_Used_to_the_ri

Comments
Holger Schmid commented Dec 03 '15, 7:05 a.m.

If I try to use the RichText() modifier, I get an unhandled exeption in excel regarding a missing assembly "HtmlAgilityPack, Version=1.4.6.0" or one of its dependencies.
How can I install this package?

Holger Schmid commented Dec 03 '15, 9:03 a.m.

Just for info: I'm using RQM 6.0.1.36083.

permanent link
Holger Schmid (1325) | answered Dec 07 '15, 6:59 a.m.
edited Dec 07 '15, 7:09 a.m.
Ok - one little success:
I'm using Office 2007 and therefore I installed the RQM Plugin for Excel (RQMExcelImporterSetup.msi). When using this installation, the RichText() modifier is giving me the error above.

Although the README.html states that the RQMExcelImporterSetupForDotNET45.msi shall only be used for Office 2013, I installed it. In the installed folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\RQMExcelImporterForDotNET45), I found a "HtmlAgilityPack.dll". I copied this dll over to C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\RQMExcelImporter and now the RichtText() modifier is working - at least not crashing the program. So it looks like the installer for the non-.NET version seems to miss some files.

However, the original problem still exists:
A value like
<_p_>Ticketverkauf abschlie&_amp;szlig;en und pr&_amp;uuml;fen<_/p_>

does not seem to work for "testscript.steps.description".

Sorry for the "wrong" html above - I can not get it into this description correctly...

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.