It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there any logic for not displaying some of the completed test cases in the Execution Console?

Aarti Suresh (1315) | asked Dec 01 '15, 10:05 p.m.
 We have been using RQM for our execution purposes for the past month. We model all our test cases into Test Suites, and run them from the Exec console by clicking on the Test Case Progress bar for each test case.

Suddenly, we find that a few of our earlier test cases are missing from the console. They are just not displayed anymore. Is there any logic behind abstracting out what gets displayed in the exec console? Is there any rule that test case executions beyond a certain date should not display in the console? 

Is there any setting which governs the above?

One answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Dec 02 '15, 1:11 a.m.
Hi, Aarti

Execution console will only show the in-progress TCERs so that the owner of TCER can resume the test from this view.
Once the test case is completed, it will no longer appear in this console until the TSER or TCER is kicked off again next time. I am not sure why you have concerned on the completed test cases(as said in your title) not to be showing in Execution Console, as its name indicates, it is for Execution purpose and once completed, it should not be showing there.  If all test cases are completed or you cancelled the execution, the console should be empty.

If you go to Execution > Unsaved artifact/Incomplete Execution(suppose you still have some TCERs running as a part of test suite execution), you would see red highlighted "test suite execution console: test suite name" and open that you will see all TCERs including those completed ones(should show 100% progress bar).

Comments
Aarti Suresh commented Dec 02 '15, 2:13 a.m.

Thanks for the response , Don.

You have mentioned here that Completed TCERs will not display in the Console. However, I do see that some of the Completed TCERs do display in the Exec Console, if I filter them out. (I am unable to upload a pic to support this - But if you filter for Status -> Completed, you would be able to see some TCERs display)

My question, exactly is, not all completed TCERs display here, only some. So, what exactly is the logic for displaying the TCER records in Exec Console? On what basis does RQM choose not to display some of the records? 

Aarti Suresh commented Dec 02 '15, 2:21 a.m.

Thanks for the response , Don.

You have mentioned here that Completed TCERs will not display in the Console. However, I do see that some of the Completed TCERs do display in the Exec Console, if I filter them out. (I am unable to upload a pic to support this - But if you filter for Status -> Completed, you would be able to see some TCERs display)

My question, exactly is, not all completed TCERs display here, only some. So, what exactly is the logic for displaying the TCER records in Exec Console? On what basis does RQM choose not to display some of the records? 

Aarti Suresh commented Dec 02 '15, 2:24 a.m. | edited Dec 02 '15, 2:25 a.m.

To answer your question about why do I need to access Completed TCERs from the Console -

We model all our executions based on Test Suite Execution Records. All our test cases are executed within TSERs , which are then linked to Test Plans. Sometimes, we realise that some TSERs have completed execution, but we need to revisit those test cases again due to some changes like, the scope has changed and we need to defer all those test cases, or we have failed some scripts, and now need to pass them.

Also, we track everything based on Test Suite Results only, in terms of reporting, so we actually need to re-execute from the Console/ edit the test case result itself. Only then would my Test Suite result show the updated status. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.