It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM 5.0: Not able to import test cases and test scripts linked

José Gornés (1112) | asked Nov 24 '15, 10:46 a.m.
Hi,

I'm using RQM 5.0, and tried the sample: Scripts that create testcases.cfg, I can get the test scripts and test cases imported in the tool, but they're not shown linked.

I imported first the test cases xml files (one by one), then the test scripts xml files (one by one) and they weren't linked. I got the same result doing it the opposite way.

I have also used other samples, using self referential or XLSLink, but with no success.

I don't know if I'm missing something, since I'm not modifying any of the sample files.

Comments
William Chen commented Nov 24 '15, 4:32 p.m. | edited Dec 26 '16, 10:22 a.m.

Hi Jose,

Are you running the same version (5.0) of Excel or Word importer tool? Do you have the proper permissions on the QM project area?

Cheers,
Will

José Gornés commented Nov 25 '15, 3:22 a.m. | edited Dec 26 '16, 10:23 a.m.

I have JazzUsers permission:

Repository Permissions
Notice: You are using a directory service that is not writable. User roles cannot be modified.
<input class="check-box" disabled="" id="JazzAdminsCheckBox" name="repoPermissions" tabindex="0" type="checkbox" value="JazzAdmins"> <label for="JazzAdminsCheckBox"> JazzAdmins </label>
<input class="check-box" disabled="" id="JazzDWAdminsCheckBox" name="repoPermissions" tabindex="0" type="checkbox" value="JazzDWAdmins"> <label for="JazzDWAdminsCheckBox"> JazzDWAdmins </label>
<input class="check-box" disabled="" id="JazzGuestsCheckBox" name="repoPermissions" tabindex="0" type="checkbox" value="JazzGuests"> <label for="JazzGuestsCheckBox"> JazzGuests </label>
<input class="check-box" disabled="" id="JazzUsersCheckBox" name="repoPermissions" tabindex="0" type="checkbox" value="JazzUsers"> <label for="JazzUsersCheckBox"> JazzUsers </label>
<input class="check-box" disabled="" id="JazzProjectAdminsCheckBox" name="repoPermissions" tabindex="0" type="checkbox" value="JazzProjectAdmins"> <label for="JazzProjectAdminsCheckBox"> JazzProjectAdmins </label>
<label for="JazzProjectAdminsCheckBox">
</label>
<label for="JazzProjectAdminsCheckBox"> And in the QM project area I'm Test Team Member, Test Team Contributor. </label>
<label for="JazzProjectAdminsCheckBox">
</label>
<label for="JazzProjectAdminsCheckBox"> I downloaded  </label> RQM-Extras-RQMExcelWordImporter-5.0.2.zip and installed RQMExcelImporterSetupForDotNET45 on Microsoft Excel Professional Plus 2013

Neeta Valera commented May 11 '16, 10:16 a.m. | edited Dec 26 '16, 10:22 a.m.

Jose,

Was this solved for you? I have the exact same issue.

Thanks.

One answer

permanent link
Brett Bohnn (94111151) | answered Nov 29 '15, 6:53 p.m.
Hi Jose,

I believe Will is referring to your role(s) in the project and asking if you are missing any permissions for Save Test Case or Save Test Script (manage this project area > permissions > show by operation > Save Test Script/Save Test Case). You obviously have the "Create" permission for both from one of your roles.

You wrote "I imported first the test cases xml files (one by one), then the test scripts xml files (one by one) and they weren't linked. I got the same result doing it the opposite way."

Did you try opening "Scripts that create testcases.xls" and using Scripts that create testcases.cfg?

Here is what you should see from one of the test cases it creates:

Thanks,
Brett

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.