It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How does the timeline finds the start and end date in plans?

Georges Oneissy (53522) | asked Nov 20 '15, 2:09 a.m.
 On the timeline, how does RTC plans find the start and end date if the StartDate value is archived?

Thanks

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Nov 20 '15, 2:50 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I don't really understand the question and I also don't understand the background.

Given that, guessing, best I can say is: As far as I know you can't archive a Start Date. You can archive an iteration. If the iteration is archived it is flagged as such. This does not mean it is deleted, this only means it is not shown in user dialogs any longer. So the values are still there.

Comments
Georges Oneissy commented Nov 20 '15, 5:33 a.m. | edited Nov 20 '15, 5:35 a.m.

Dear Ralph,

As I have understood from previous readings, the scrum template does not use the StartDate attribute anymore, and has kept it in the default attributes but archived it (cannot be used).

My question is: In the roadmap plan view, the tasks start at a certain date, and end on another. Where does the plan get the values for these dates? (I created a custom start date timestamp, but it surely does not follow it, neither does the due date)
Thank you in advance,
Georges

Ralph Schoon commented Nov 20 '15, 5:38 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You have misunderstood certain things and you are mixing concepts for others. Read https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/RTCProcessFundamentals to understand the basic concepts.

The iteration plans in scrum have never read a work item attribute to figure the start and end of an iteration. They get the start and end dates for an iteration from the timeline and its iterations.

The plan uses the order to predict when an item is going to be started and the estimated effort on all the work items for how long one would work on them given the allocation to the team.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.