It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Disable "Locked items" pop-up in the RTC eclipse client

Francisco Rodriguez (561328) | asked Nov 18 '15, 12:50 p.m.
edited Nov 18 '15, 1:53 p.m.
 Hi,

We have implemented some kind of auto-lock system so that once a change set is delivered every file within that change set is locked. It works fine, but let's say a developer wants to deliver a change in a file previously locked by him, every time he tries to do that a pop-up with the following message appears:

You have just delivered items that you have previously locked. Do you want to unlock these items so that other users can deliver?

And then the developer can unlock the items by pressing Yes button. We want to avoid developers to unlock the files by themselves. How can this pop-up be disabled so it will never appear?

EDIT:
Of course we are not expecting to do this by manually editing the Notification Dialogs preferences in every eclipse clients.

Regards,
Francisco.

Comments
Donald Nong commented Nov 19 '15, 3:06 a.m.

If you want to override this behind the scene, what if a file has been manually locked by the same developer?

Francisco Rodriguez commented Nov 19 '15, 10:44 a.m. | edited Nov 19 '15, 10:47 a.m.

Hi Donald! I am sorry, I do not understand your question. The file is locked automatically, yes it is, but it is locked by the same user that delivers the change set so there is no difference between "manually" and "automatically" locking, at least in this context.

Donald Nong commented Nov 19 '15, 9:26 p.m.

I re-read your post and it appears that I misunderstood it. You don't want the developers to unlock the file, right? But still, the "manual" part comes to play. If a developer for some reason locks a file and forgets about it, what should happen if he delivers a change of the file? What I try to say is when you implement something, you need to consider all the use cases, not just one.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.