It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Installation of RTC WorkItem Command Line Version 3.0

Christine Makasy (731123) | asked Nov 18 '15, 8:37 a.m.
for installation of the above mentioned utiliy I followed the instructions in the included ReadMe file.

1. Download opencsv 2.3 from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/opencsv/files/opencsv/2.3/
and place the library opencsv-2.3.jar into the folder lib in the WCL folder. Done

Which Java Version is suggested?

2. Copy the Eclipse plugins from RTC Eclipse into the lib folder

Open the Eclipse Plugins folder for examle jazz\client\eclipse\plugins and search for a file
com.ibm.team.workitem.rcp.core_*.jar

Copy this jar File into the folder lib in the WCL folder. Done.

Running the scrpt by running wcl I get the following error:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: au/com/bytecode/opencsv/CSVWriter
        at com.ibm.js.team.workitem.commandline.commands.ExportWorkItemsCommand.createWriter(ExportWorkItemsCommand.java:376)
        at com.ibm.js.team.workitem.commandline.commands.ExportWorkItemsCommand.process(ExportWorkItemsCommand.java:311)
        at com.ibm.js.team.workitem.commandline.framework.AbstractTeamRepositoryCommand.execute(AbstractTeamRepositoryCommand.java:89) at com.ibm.js.team.workitem.commandline.WorkitemCommandLine.runCommands(WorkitemCommandLine.java:293)
        at com.ibm.js.team.workitem.commandline.WorkitemCommandLine.run(WorkitemCommandLine.java:224)
        at com.ibm.js.team.workitem.commandline.WorkitemCommandLine.main(WorkitemCommandLine.java:174)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: au.com.bytecode.opencsv.CSVWriter

What did I miss?

Many thanks in advance.
Christine

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Nov 18 '15, 9:22 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Nov 18 '15, 9:23 a.m.
I did exactly what you described and actually downloaded the version before I did that. Everything works well for me. So I have to assume you downloaded a later version of openCSV or put the wrong jar file into the lib folder. Or, maybe the Jar file is broken.
Christine Makasy selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Christine Makasy commented Nov 19 '15, 2:18 a.m.

Tried it again. The download behind the mentioned link is an entire folder structure. I tried it with only the opencsv-2.3.jar (date: 2011/04/15) executable as well as the entire folder. both Failed.

Do have one more hint for me.
Many thanks, Christine

Ralph Schoon commented Nov 19 '15, 2:48 a.m. | edited Nov 19 '15, 2:49 a.m.

Download the opencsv-2.3-src-with-libs.tar.gz file from the page. Link: http://sourceforge.net/projects/opencsv/files/opencsv/2.3/opencsv-2.3-src-with-libs.tar.gz/download . Use 7Zip or other tools to unpack and untar. Go into the folder opencsv-2.3\deploy locate opencsv-2.3.jar and copy that into the libs folder of WCL.  

Christine Makasy commented Nov 19 '15, 9:14 a.m.

Running the tool as Eclipe Project it is working fine.

Ralph Schoon commented Nov 19 '15, 9:42 a.m.

Maybe you have a Java version issue with running it from the Jar? Not sure. If it works in Eclipse, it should work the same out of it. The difference is the JDK you provide, I guess.

Ralph Schoon commented Nov 19 '15, 9:50 a.m.

About Your question above - the Java version to use: The WCL bat is set up to use the JDK that comes with the RTC Eclipse client one. Try to use that JDK.

Cesar Sasaki commented Jul 04 '17, 4:14 p.m.

Hi

I'm having the same problem :
I'm using version 4 of the wcl, and got my structure ready. It works with other commands like printtypeattributes , but I'm trying to export the attachments.

I have downloaded and paste them in the lib folder of the WCL but I'm getting the same error. Also the folder of output already exist:

Thanks

Cesar Sasaki commented Jul 05 '17, 1:30 p.m. | edited Jul 05 '17, 1:31 p.m.

Hi Ralph

It seems that for wcl v4  opencsv-2.3 doesnot work but neither the 3.7 version.
I download the wcl v3.2 and it works with opencsv-2.3. But I'm getting an error of :
Looking at the code , it seems that that message is brought up by 2 errors:
UnsupportedEncodingException  or FileNotFoundException . What it means?
I have the folder where the output is created already. I try with the test.csv created already also but it did not worked.
this is my code :
wcl -exportworkitems /ignoreErrors repository="https://*/ccm" user=administrador password=* projectArea="GIT" exportFile=”C:\temp\test.csv” query=”All” columns="workItemType,summary”

showing 5 of 7 show 2 more comments

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.