It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Creating a Viewlet Widget - Why is the EMF Feature not Available in the RTC 5.0.2 Eclipse vanilla client?

Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | asked Nov 17 '15, 3:43 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Nov 17 '15, 8:27 a.m.
I am looking into viewlet creation. Following https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/ViewletServices I realize that I need to work with EMF. However, there is no option to create an Ecore model with my vanilla RTC 5.0.2 Eclipse client.
Even more puzzling is that EMF seems to be installed. If I look into the About section I see

But the editors are not active. Even if I try to open an existing Ecore model from the sample, that is opened in a text editor. Any suggestions?

I can, of course download a different Eclipse distribution, however, I think this should be possible in the RTC Eclipse client, I believe.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Nov 17 '15, 4:18 a.m. | edited Nov 17 '15, 5:35 a.m.

I use the ZIP version that comes with the downloads. The Plain Zip Eclipse 3.6 RTC 5.0.2 Client.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Nov 17 '15, 5:34 a.m.
Digging deeper: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/ComponentDevelopmentSetup explains that it is necessary to download the Install EMF SDK with the zip download and the Jazz codegen tool.

The maintenance on that page ends with RTC 2.0 and it seems to be impossible to find these components for newer RTC versions.

I will try to find out what the story is and post more information, if I can find it.
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Nov 17 '15, 8:27 a.m.

Maybe the service creation is not even necessary. I can't tell at the moment.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.