It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there a way to integrate Slack with RTC/RQM?

Juan Pablo Bruno (26710) | asked Nov 13 '15, 2:12 p.m.
There is a decision to start using Slack (and/or HipChat) for collaborative development.

I've found sites that talks about the integration between these tools and Jira works, but couldn't find references for RTC/RQM. Is there any attempt to support this?

Thanks,

Accepted answer

permanent link
Kohji Ohsawa (5951310) | answered Nov 16 '15, 5:31 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hi Juan,

I used to try to integrate Slack and RTC. You can obtain XMPP server address and ID/PW from View Profile & Account -> Account Setting -> Gateway on Slack. And then you can use that information as an instant messaging server of Preference on RTC. I could see Slack users online on RTC and send a direct message, however, I couldn't start a chat. When I tried it was one year ago already, so hopefully things are changed now.  
Rosa Naranjo selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Rosa Naranjo commented May 18 '16, 11:45 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Using a RTC 6.0.1 and 5.0.2 Eclipse client, I was able to follow your instructions and I was able to start a chat. I started a chat by opening a workitem and using the context menu on any of the user hyperlinks either in the comments discussion or on the owned by or subscriber field.

Rosa Naranjo commented May 18 '16, 1:20 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

After getting this setup, I was not able to see any other Slack channel users online within RTC so I could chat in that context.  So, not sure what the issue is.

I did find out from other internal slack & RTC users that they are using bots to include RTC workitem info in their slack posts.  Here is one I found: https://github.com/ehues/slack-workitems

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.