It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM: group by for multi value category buggy?

Jörg Werner (3033781) | asked Nov 13 '15, 1:20 a.m.
edited Nov 13 '15, 1:21 a.m.
Hello,
we want to group by for a multi value category but this seems not to work as expected:

I would expect to see a group like "SW-Component, TCU-System(nearly)",
but only the first assigned value is used as group by criteria.

1) ill this be fixed in a future release (we have 5.0.2)
2) Is there a god quick work-a-round to get a statistic about distribution of the values?

thanks Jörg

Comments
Jörg Werner commented Nov 16 '15, 4:04 a.m.

I got an email with an answer, but it seems it was not saved here. Hence a copy...

Jörg Werner commented Nov 16 '15, 4:13 a.m.

Hi Dong,

I think the main effort is sorting the data. And sorting is already possible by multiple attributes. Why not also sort by values of a category?

And not all 2^n  combinations (unassigned is also a valid combination) must be visible, only the really used combinations.

Anyway, from user point of view it is a must have if a multi value category is offered as group by attribute. Otherwise a group by makes no sense and leads to wrong conclusions (already happened in real project :-()

Thanks, Jörg

Donald Nong commented Nov 16 '15, 6:29 p.m.

The reason I deleted my original answer is that I thought of the exact sorting theory (not sure if done in DB or RQM) that you mentioned above after posting, and believed my answer was not appropriate. I am with you on this. :-)

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.