It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM CommandLine Adapter, Encoding of Uploaded File

Oliver Robbe (11) | asked Oct 29 '15, 1:45 p.m.
Hi,

I'm using the RQM commandline adapter to execute tests. The test result is uploaded by the commandline adapter to RQM and is attached to the execution record. The result file is an UTF-8 encoded (content="text/html; charset=UTF-8") html file.
If I open the file directly by clicking on the link in execution record, a wrong encoding is used (windows-1252) messing up the design. If I save and open the file the correct encoding is used.

Opening the file directly from RQM ssems to override the defualt document encoding. How can I change this behaviour? Can I specify the desired encoding in the CommandLine adapter?

BR
ollej

One answer

permanent link
Mehul Patel (9695) | answered Nov 24 '15, 11:33 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR
Oliver,

As you are able to save and open with the correct encoding, the given encoding is preserved by CLA and RQM did not override the encoding specified. This seems more specific to browser and related settings, did you check with other browser? If you get me the sample html file, browser name with version and host OS language can assist further.

Regards,
Mehul

Comments
Oliver Robbe commented Nov 25 '15, 9:07 a.m.

Thanks for your anwer, Mehul.

The encoding information as specified in the file itself is preserved. The problem is not browser specific.
The problem seems to be that when clicking on the file link in RQM the http response of the RQM Server on the get request of the browser has the content type information ISO 8859-1 which overrules the file encoding (in my case UTF-8). 
So the real question is, why does the server specify its response with this encoding and how can I change it? As I see it, the server should either specify the correct encoding in the reponse content type or not content type at all, so that the browser would choose the document encoding for displaying it. Can I influence this behaviour?

Regards
Oliver

William Chen commented Dec 02 '15, 11:10 a.m.

Hi Oliver,

Normally if your QM database is using codeset UTF-8, the server would not change the encoding. If you run a GET command via Poster or REST client on the file link, which encoding do you get?

Cheers,
Will

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.