It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Where to find Diagram artifact information using the RRC Reportable REST API?

Allen Earnest (6212437) | asked Nov 10 '15, 11:32 a.m.
Hello All,

With Rational RM/DNG 6.0, there is a new artifact type called "Diagram".  We have created Diagram artifacts in DNG and want to display them on our reports using RPE.

How do we use the RRC Reportable REST API to display "Diagram" artifact types?  Specifically, where is Diagram type information located in the schema?  What should the query URL look like?

We have tried looking under all the existing artifact types (usecasediagrams/sketches/etc) according to the REST API documentation, but I am not able to find Diagrams anywhere.

Is there updated documentation for the DNG REST API for 6.0 that can tell me how to pull the Diagram information?

Here is the REST API documentation I have looked at with no luck so far.

Thanks for any help!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Fabian Lomeli (2213) | answered Feb 11 '16, 5:04 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Feb 11 '16, 5:09 p.m.
Hi Allen,
'Diagram' artifact format does not have a Reportable API representation.  This also happened with Parts that you should include into an Sketch and use the 'uisketches' schema to retrieve the information.  So as for 'Diagram' artifacts, you can embed it into a text-based artifact and retrieve the information using 'text' schema:
https://server:port/rm/publish/text?resourceUri=artifact_uuid

Where:
artifact_uuid is the identifier of the artifact that contains the 'Diagram' artifact embedded.

This is an example of the Reportable API output using 'text' schema:

In bold is the reference to the graphical representation of the 'Diagram' artifact.
Hope that helps
Allen Earnest selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Allen Earnest commented Feb 12 '16, 3:55 p.m.

Thanks Fabian

Is IBM working on enhancing the API to include this artifact type on the next release of Rational?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.