It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Adding new test cases into the existing TSER. Is this possible?

renuka vasudevan (138) | asked Nov 10 '15, 6:52 a.m.

Hi ,

I have a test suite consisting of 10 test cases. I have also created a TSER for the same with all the 10 test cases included. Now in the middle of execution I realise i would need to include 2 more test cases to this test suite.

So i would create those test cases and also link them to the test suite. But how do i include them in the TSER that i have already created, without hampering the execution which is already mid way.

I am using RQM 5.0.1

One answer

permanent link
paul chu (59411) | answered Nov 10 '15, 1:57 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The TSER is for the test suite, you don't specify what the test cases are.  When you started a test suite execution, the instances of the test case executions will be created based on the test cases associated with the test suite.  From your description, a test suite execution is already started with 10 test case executions.  You can not change the test case executions.  If you change the test suite by adding 2 more test cases, you have to re-test all test cases again.  Running the same TSER will look into the updated test suite and creates 12 test case executions.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.