It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I undo changes that are marked as "Merged"?

Evin Robertson (3036) | asked Nov 09 '15, 4:15 p.m.
If I accept changes that modify my checked in changes, and I want to undo the changes that I've made to a single file, how do I do this?

Eclipse complains:
Cannot undo because /foo/bar contains merges. To rollback load the contents of a previous state from history.
I did "Show History" and loaded the latest version of the merged file. Now my change set contains an empty modification to the file, still marked as "(Merged)". Is there any good way to get rid of this?

From https://jazz.net/forum/questions/77197/how-do-i-undo-merged-files-from-my-changeset it is suggested that I create a new change set and move all my files to the new change set and discard my current change set. This is kind of annoying when I have modified hundreds of files. Is there an alternative that lets me undo a single file instead of redoing hundreds of files?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Evin Robertson (3036) | answered Nov 10 '15, 12:06 p.m.
I was able to move the merges to a new change set, and discard that empty merge change set.

The idea was to move all the changes I wanted to get rid of instead of moving the changes I wanted to keep.

Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ben Carson commented Jan 13 '16, 10:40 a.m. | edited Jan 13 '16, 11:03 a.m.

Thanks for posting your answer here. It helped me with a similar situation.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.