It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM: How to update testplan for a Test Suite Execution record In Progress?

Akankhya Patnaik (1528) | asked Nov 05 '15, 2:50 p.m.
 I created Test Suite Execution record (TSER)for a test suite and didn't mention the test plan name for it.
Now once the TSER is already created, I am trying to update the Test Plan for it , so when I went to TSER, under Summary section, I am seeing the option to change the Test Plan as Disabled.
I tried the same as an Admin user  and Test Lead user but this button was showing as disabled.
Can anyone please let me know how to update the Test Plan for an already created TSER ?

2 answers

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Nov 08 '15, 8:29 p.m.
Hi, Akankhya, Ian

This is working as designed. Once a TSER/TCER is created, the test plan is not editable.  According to
https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?re=1&topic=/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc/topics/t_change_ewi_owner.html&scope=null

The changeable properties in TCER/TSER are:

In test case execution records and test suite execution records, you can change the name, team area, owner, iteration, priority, estimate, weight, or any custom attribute. You can also update the default test script for test case execution records.

So if you want to have Test Plan in the TSER, you will need to have a new TSER with that test plan.

permanent link
Ian Wark (79713550) | answered Nov 05 '15, 11:55 p.m.
I tried this and can see something similar. Is this what you see? I noticed that even if you add a Plan when creating the TCER, you cannot edit it afterwards.

PlusDisabled

Is someone able to weigh in and explain if that is working as designed?

Comments
Akankhya Patnaik commented Nov 06 '15, 8:52 a.m.

Thanks Ian. Yes that is exactly what am seeing too.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.