It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Floating License server IP has changed and need to update it

Mala Kannan (2121) | asked May 15 '09, 3:28 a.m.
I am not able to login to RQM has it is trowing the following error,
CRJAZ1267I The list of floating licenses could not be retrieved from "http://9.124.72.85:9080/jazz/service/com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.license.IFloatingLicenseService/licenses".
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.license.FloatingLicenseClient.getFloatingLicenseList(FloatingLicenseClient.java:119)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.license.FloatingLicenseClient.getFloatingPolicies(FloatingLicenseClient.java:138)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.license.LicenseService.loadRemoteFloatingLicenses(LicenseService.java:455)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.license.LicenseService.access$1(LicenseService.java:453)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.license.LicenseService$1.run(LicenseService.java:223)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:810)
Caused by:
java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out

Floating License Server IP has changed. I updated the same in teamserver.properties but did not help me has the same error is seen again.

Can anyone help me on this asap.

Do I need to update this change elsewhere in some other server configuration files.

One answer

permanent link
Matt Lavin (2.7k2) | answered May 20 '09, 9:11 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Updating the ip address in the teamserver.properties page will only affect the server if you restart the server after changing the value. A much better way to change the connection is to use the admin web UI avaiable at /jazz/admin to configure your floating license server connection (on the license managament page).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.