It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

how to fetch the work item history through Query

Mastanaiah Mannem (3812) | asked Nov 05 '15, 1:19 a.m.

We have CLM version 4.0.3, hosted on our project servers. We wanted to know the DB table names, which store the History details of each of the work items. Could you please help us in retrieving the History of the work items based on the work item ID. Thanks!

Is it possible to fetch the all work items history thourgh queries? Please help on this.

Thanks in Advance ...

3 answers

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Nov 05 '15, 10:08 p.m.
Directly access to the backend database is not a good idea. I suggest you use the reportable REST API. The property "itemHistory" contains the work item history entries.
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/ReportsRESTAPI

Comments
Mastanaiah Mannem commented Nov 06 '15, 1:10 a.m.

Hi Donald,

Thanks for reply. I have gone through the link but i am unable to find exact query for my requirement and how to execute it.

Donald Nong commented Nov 08 '15, 9:37 p.m.

It's not about the "query". You need to learn how to use XPath to select and/or filter fields. See the examples at the bottom of the Wiki page to get an idea.

permanent link
katherine szczech (112) | answered Dec 01 '15, 1:51 p.m.
Per my discussion with IBM developer Rafik Jaouani (excellent resource on CCM reporting and DW reporting questions).  I will summarize my understanding of my conversation with Rafik.  He stated that you use ReportableRESTAPI to query on "some history" in CCM DB but the drawback is that filtering is very limited and you cannot do direct SQL queries against CCM DB because the data is stored in XML format.  The solution for querying against history would be to use the DW (datawarehouse) DB which you can then use JRS or direct SQL queries.

permanent link
Mastanaiah Mannem (3812) | answered Dec 09 '15, 4:22 a.m.
Ok thanks for the reply..But is there any workaround to full filly request.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.