It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to find the Rational Team Concert Stream name (from the command line) from the Stream UUID

Jaganathan Murugesan (822) | asked Aug 11 '14, 10:51 a.m.
edited Oct 05 '17, 11:31 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)

Actually i am using Stream UUID for stream lock and accept. I need the command for finding the RTC stream name from the Stream UUID.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Winston Enos (33116) | answered Aug 11 '14, 11:17 a.m.
Jaganathan,

The fastest CLI (command-line interface) call you can make for finding a stream name from the stream UUID is:
'scm.exe --non-interactive --show-uuid yes show attributes -r <repo_creds> --workspace <stream_uuid>'

Where <stream_uuid> is the UUID of your stream (--workspace means either a stream or workspace, as per the documentation) and <repo_creds> is the nickname of your cached login credentials, assuming you did a login and aren't passing the user/pass as cleartext for the call.

You can also pass --json for more output (as is true for most scm calls) that is easier to parse if you have a JSON parser, like in Perl.

Here is the documentation: https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?re=1&topic=/com.ibm.team.scm.doc/topics/show_attributes.html&scope=null
David Lafreniere selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Jaganathan Murugesan commented Aug 11 '14, 1:00 p.m.

Hi,

Thank you very much for your response.

I tried the above command but getting the below error,

Unknown subcommand "show"

--------------------------
RTC version Installed in my system is : 4.0.3

Do we need the latest version of Rational Team Concert for using this above command ?
Please let me know.

Thank you,
M. Jaganathan

Winston Enos commented Aug 11 '14, 2:00 p.m.

Jaganathan,

I'm running 5.0, it looks like they added 'show attributes' in RTC 4.0.5. IBM modified the command syntax of the CLI in later versions after 4.0.3 but kept backwards compatibility in for older versions, so I had to go back and check.

However, you can still access it using the older command line from 4.0.3:
'scm.exe --non-interactive --show-uuid yes workspace propertylist -r <repo_creds> <stream_uuid>'

That gave me the same output, and is available from RTC 4.0.3.

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m3/topic/com.ibm.team.scm.doc/topics/workspace_propertylist.html

Jaganathan Murugesan commented Aug 12 '14, 11:46 a.m.

Yes.  Below command is working for me.

'scm.exe --non-interactive --show-uuid yes workspace propertylist -r <repo_creds> <stream_uuid>

Thank you very much.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.