It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can RDNG be installed on IBMi?

James Cole (9532630) | asked Oct 28 '15, 10:20 a.m.
 Hi All, 

In the past I remember that you could install RRC (3.x & 4.x) on the IBMi. However, if you wanted to edit any of the graphical objects (diagrams in RRC), you had to install the converter application onto a Windows box and link this to the JTS instance etc. 

This information was highlighted when using the interactive installation guide, that converter .war was not supported on IBMi. However, on version 5.0.2 & 6.0, there is no mention about this limitation. Therefore, with the new RDNG editor in version 6 (that does not require a plugin) does this mean it can all be installed & serviced from the IBMi? 

Many Thanks in advance
James

One answer

permanent link
Erica Tran (1.4k7) | answered Oct 29 '15, 11:15 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello James,

Yes, for version 5.0.2 and 6.0 RDNG can be installed on IBMi.  I've included a link to the system requirements document below.  But the limitation for the converter application still applies for these versions.  The converter will not run on IBMi.

System Requirements for IBM Rational Collaborative Lifecycle Management (CLM) 6.0
System Requirements for IBM Rational Collaborative Lifecycle Management (CLM) 5.0, 5.0.1 and 5.0.2

The Diagram Editor in version 6.0 does not require the converter application or a plugin as you mentioned.  But if you have diagrams created from earlier versions using the converter and plug-in, they cannot be edited in the new diagram editor and will need the converter.

RDNG 6.0 New & Noteworthy: Diagram editor

I hope this helps.

Comments
James Cole commented Oct 29 '15, 11:23 a.m.

Hi Erica, 

Thanks for your feedback. 

So just to clarify, if it is a new fresh install of version 6.0, it can be all be installed fully on the IBMi without any issues and use the new diagram editor?

Many Thanks 
James

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.