It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM Widget - permission denied

Jörg Werner (3033881) | asked Oct 19 '15, 6:47 a.m.
Following environment
  I've created a team area. One granted right is "Display report" for role "Team member"

Every member of the team area can create  test artifacts!

But when a team member tries to execute a widget, e.g. "Test coverage by TCER" the error message "Permission Denied" is shown.

If I grant the "Display Report" right to "everyone" on the Root- team area, then it is possible to run a widget.

is this a correct behaviour? We are using RQM 5.0.2.

thanks!

2 answers

permanent link
paul chu (59411) | answered Oct 22 '15, 6:36 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Jörg,

I believe it is documented that QM does not yet honor permission from team area.  There is no permission check if team area is enabled.  That is why all members can create test artifacts.

The "Test Coverage by TCER" is a BIRT report dashboard viewlet.  I am not sure how permission works regarding team area within BIRT.  I sent an email to the report team to comment on this post.

permanent link
Clara Forero (6212) | answered Oct 23 '15, 10:25 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Jörg,

Regarding the reports, the Report Resources (a.k.a templates) area associated with either a project area or a team area.  For a user to be able to display the report, they need to have the proper permission at the right level.  Since the OOTB reports are deployed to the project area, when a user tries to display them, the verification is also done at the project area level.

If you want everyone on the project area (including team areas) to display the reports deployed to the project area context, you can add the "Display Report" permission for "Everyone".  In RTC the OOTB process templates are configured that way (display report permission to "Everyone"). Keep in mind that this "Everyone" refers to people with read access to the project area only.

Thank you,
Clara Forero

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.