It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to archive master project area in RTC?

Tuan Nguyen Minh (691321) | asked Oct 13 '15, 10:59 p.m.
In my scenario, I use master/child project area model for process sharing, after roll out new process template by:
 - Import new process template into RTC
 - Create new master project area
 - Switch process reference in my projects to new master project area
I want to archive the old master project area, but the issue is I don't know if there is any other project is still referencing to my old master project area. I checked and saw that I can archive a master project area even if there are some projects reference to it. My questions are:
 - How can I retrieve the list of projects that are reference to my master project area?
 - Is there any side effect with other referencing projects if I just archive my master project area regardless of them?

Tool version used: 5.0.2

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Oct 14 '15, 5:40 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Oct 14 '15, 5:41 a.m.
I did just a quick test on my test server (which you can set up too, e.g. using the 10 free licnses). You can archive a project area that shares its process and I did not see an error. Result was, the sharing project area has no process (the unconfigured one).

You can go into the project area that provides the process though and change to "Do not share the process configuration of this project area" you will see an error if the process is still shared. The error will tell you which project area(s).

You could also create a small Java Tool to check if a project areas process is still shared. 

Tuan Nguyen Minh selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Tuan Nguyen Minh commented Oct 14 '15, 11:26 p.m.

Thank you so much! It's brilliant. I didn't think about stopping the sharing before archive the master project area.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.