It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error when trying to import example "TestPlan with TestCases 001" to RQM

Klaus Jørgensen (917) | asked Oct 09 '15, 2:36 a.m.

When I try to import the example "TestPlan with TestCases 001" (using the example config too) to RQM using the RQMExcelImporter, I am getting the following error (I don't have any problems importing my own testcases, but would like to be able to import to a testplan):

Initializing.....
Reading Configuration File....
Getting artifacts from document - "TestPlan with TestCases 001.xls".....
Sending artifacts to http://qualitymanager/qm.....
Sending testcase 0 named TestPlan_with_TestCases_001_Acme_Hammers_1.xml...
Error sending to server TestPlan_with_TestCases_001_Acme_Hammers_1.xml of type testcase
The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.
Sending testcase 1 named TestPlan_with_TestCases_001_Acme_Hammers_2.xml...
Error sending to server TestPlan_with_TestCases_001_Acme_Hammers_2.xml of type testcase
Sending testcase 2 named TestPlan_with_TestCases_001_Acme_Hammers_3.xml...
Error sending to server TestPlan_with_TestCases_001_Acme_Hammers_3.xml of type testcase
Sending testcase 3 named TestPlan_with_TestCases_001_Acme_Hammers_4.xml...
Error sending to server TestPlan_with_TestCases_001_Acme_Hammers_4.xml of type testcase
Sending testcase 4 named TestPlan_with_TestCases_001_Acme_Hammers_5.xml...
Error sending to server TestPlan_with_TestCases_001_Acme_Hammers_5.xml of type testcase
Sending testplan 5 named TestPlan_with_TestCases_001_Acme_Hammers_1.xml...
Error sending to server TestPlan_with_TestCases_001_Acme_Hammers_1.xml of type testplan

Exporting completed with 6 failures!

Detailed log file at: C:\Users\b38682\AppData\Roaming\Mso2Rqm\130888457299324379 log.txt

Comments
Jörg Werner commented Oct 09 '15, 4:51 a.m.

pPlease check for import rights:
I assume the XML rights are missing.

One answer

permanent link
Reshma Ratnani (1.1k1) | answered Oct 09 '15, 2:41 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

From the logs it looks like the user doesn't have create permission for Testcase and Testplan artifact. Please the check permissions for that user.

Check if you are able to create TestCase and TestPlan from RQM UI by logging in as that user which you used to export

Comments
Klaus Jørgensen commented Oct 09 '15, 2:48 a.m.

I have just created a manuel Testplan without any issues and same thing with testcases (those I have created both manually and via import)

Klaus Jørgensen commented Oct 09 '15, 2:55 a.m.

Also getting same error when I try the "Scripts that create testcases with comments.xls" example

Reshma Ratnani commented Oct 09 '15, 3:01 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Klaus,

This is purely permission issue. Forbidden error only comes if the user doesnt have permission. What process roles is being assigned to the user? Try to give Data Migration Administrator role and give all permissions to this role. See if this works

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.