It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Separation of test description and test execution result with respect to item state

Markus Farnung (141117) | asked Jan 15 '15, 4:02 a.m.
Regarding status control of test cases: how is the description of the test case description separated from the test execution record? How can I review a test case, set it to "Approved" and freeze the test description content and on the other hand create a new execution record to document the test execution of a certain tool version?

That means the test description has to be a single instance with it's own status model and then it has to be possible to create several instances for the result of the execution of the test case without touching the test case itself. How I can manage that with RQM? Here the test description and the test execution reporting seems to be mixed in the same item.

One answer

permanent link
paul chu (59411) | answered Jan 15 '15, 4:37 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I would assume that the review of the test case will include reviewing the execution records of the test environments.  So the question I see is how to add execution record to a locked/approved test case.  The only way is manually creating an execution record (under Construction -> Create -> Test Case Execution Record) and assign it to the locked test case with environment that is not yet covered in the test case.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.