It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Required fields of defect form being appeared hidden.

Gulraiz Aslam (1727) | asked Oct 08 '15, 7:45 a.m.
Hi,
   I have customized a defect form, so whenever I run my test case from RQM and report a defect from there, populated form does not show all fields and gives me an error that fill all the required fields, and due to hidden required field I am unable to post defect from running test case screen.
 How all the required fields could appear?

Thanks

One answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Oct 08 '15, 7:52 a.m.
edited Oct 08 '15, 8:27 a.m.
you need to update the inline and lightweight forms to have all the required fields too..  the inline form is the one opened by other applications.

Comments
Gulraiz Aslam commented Oct 08 '15, 8:15 a.m.

1- So you mean I have to use default defect form in order to get submission successfully?
2- I have several required fields and its a lengthy form.

Gulraiz Aslam commented Oct 08 '15, 8:47 a.m.

I have followed all steps look at this recording http://screencast.com/t/iFBCjJ4SehXQ but complete form still not being appeared.

Donald Nong commented Oct 11 '15, 10:51 p.m.

Read Sam's post carefully. The forms that you opened in CCM and RQM are different. You should focus on the two forms circled in Sam's screenshot. Your video only shows the problem but does not show how you tried to fix it.

Gulraiz Aslam commented Oct 19 '15, 4:13 a.m.

I have checked that kindly look at this http://screencast.com/t/FQc5EyGHbJ

sam detweiler commented Oct 19 '15, 7:40 a.m.

You need to push the edit button (the pencil) to update the two forms I outlined. 

these forms need to have all your extra fields added ..here is the lightweight form in my test project

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.