It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What is "Default Allocations" in RTC? Error ecountered when saving user Work Allocations

Tuan Nguyen Minh (691521) | asked Oct 06 '15, 3:19 a.m.
I encountered this error while attempt to save my new Work Allocations (the percentage of work in different timelines):
Saving user failed.ID CRJAZ2419E
Permission to modify your work allocations has been restricted in the process specification.
com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException

Every time when I click "Save" button, a question popped up: "Do you want to save the default allocations as well ?"
If I click "Yes" --> the error occur. If "No", the saving complete successfully.

--> I have two questions:
 - Where is the "Permission to modify your work allocations"? I checked in the Eclipse client, in the Project Area editor, the check box "Users cannot modify their own work allocations" is not checked.
 - What exactly does this "Default Allocations" mean?

Product used: RTC 5.0.2

Accepted answer

permanent link
Lily Wang (4.9k714) | answered Oct 06 '15, 4:42 a.m.
For the first question, you need to check not only the project area you modified the allocation, but also other project areas which have asterisk next to the timeline of your work allocation.
Please refer to the answer in https://jazz.net/forum/questions/141376/permission-to-modify-your-work-allocations-has-been-restricted-in-the-process-specification-comibmteamrepositorycommonteamrepositoryexception

For the question about default allocation, you can see https://jazz.net/forum/questions/99048/what-do-the-asterix-characters-tell-me-in-work-allocations which explained the default allocation and the allocation with asterisk very clearly.
Tuan Nguyen Minh selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.