It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Set Values for enumeration list programatically

Georges Oneissy (53522) | asked Oct 22 '15, 11:06 a.m.
 Hi there,

I was wondering if I could set one or multiple values for a custom enumeration list based on special conditions. 

Is this possible?

Regards,
Georges

3 answers

permanent link
Tiago Moura (8387) | answered Oct 22 '15, 11:22 a.m.
Yes, it is possible. 

Comments
Georges Oneissy commented Oct 22 '15, 11:22 a.m.

Any syntax?

Tiago Moura commented Oct 22 '15, 11:29 a.m.

You need to define how you want to set the value. Basically it's possible to do using java extensions or JS scripts.

Georges Oneissy commented Oct 23 '15, 1:22 a.m.

Well, my client has an enumeration list in form of checkboxes, and he needs them to check/uncheck depending on other attributes. Could this be done in JS?

permanent link
Matt Muller (59813574) | answered Oct 23 '15, 4:57 a.m.
Why dont you use dependent enumerations?

Comments
Georges Oneissy commented Nov 01 '15, 3:30 p.m. | edited Nov 01 '15, 3:30 p.m.

Dependent enumerations only hide enumeration values depending on other enumerations. My client wants to check/uncheck the checklist depending on another enumeration

Georges Oneissy commented Nov 20 '15, 2:01 a.m.

Any ideas how to?

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Nov 20 '15, 2:45 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Nov 20 '15, 2:46 a.m.
If you want a useful answer, consider to write a question that contains enough information about what you want to do and why you want to.

As long as there is no good description of the use case and its background, look at https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2012/08/20/manipulationg-work-item-enumeration-values/

For enumeration list attributes, you have to set the attribute value with a Java List containing the literals.
This can be used in Java based calculated values, Follow up actions and in other automation.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.