It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to enable config management for QM project?

Harald Zauner (112) | asked Sep 28 '15, 8:04 a.m.
closed Sep 28 '15, 8:34 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646)
Hello,
I didn't manage to enable config management for a QM project. For a RM project, however, it worked. Any ideas?

Comments
paul chu commented Sep 28 '15, 5:16 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Harald,

What exactly is the symptom?  Does the Configuration Management tab of the project offer the option to enable?  Did you have the activation key for the QM application as for the RM project?

Harald Zauner commented Sep 29 '15, 1:59 a.m.

Hi Paul,
thanks for your answer.
I'm testing the Jazz Server locally within the 60-day trial period and got an activation key for enabling configuration management from the Jazz website. With that key, I was able to activate configuration management for an RM project. However, when trying to do the same for a QM project (which has no links to any other projects), the button to activate the configuration management is greyed out.

paul chu commented Oct 01 '15, 10:11 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Harald,
The button to activate the configuration management will be greyed out if the feature is not activated.  Did you activate the feature in the advanced properties of the QM application?.  You can use the same activation key used in RM.

One answer

permanent link
Mehul Patel (9695) | answered Oct 01 '15, 5:43 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR
Harald,

Regards,
Mehul

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.