It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM Excelimporter - Tags

Klaus Jørgensen (917) | asked Sep 28 '15, 2:29 a.m.

Is it possible to assign one or more Tags to a test case/test script when importing testcases to RQM and if so how should that be done in the config file?

Regards

Klaus

One answer

permanent link
Reshma Ratnani (1.1k1) | answered Sep 28 '15, 2:45 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Klaus,

As such we don't have any attribute called tag for TestScript/TestCase, but you can create a category or custom attribute named Tag and import the tag value

Comments
Klaus Jørgensen commented Sep 28 '15, 2:56 a.m.

Hi Reshma

Is there a generic way to import that (how should that be specified in the config file)?

And I can see now that it was the "Keywords" (Associate Test Script with a keyword) I was thinking of. Is there a way to asociate one or more test scripts with one or more keywords when importing (for grouping purposes) and if so what syntax should be used in the config file?

Regards

Klaus   

Reshma Ratnani commented Sep 28 '15, 3:25 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Klaus,

Use below syntax to set tag and testscript

keyword.tags=c
keyword.testscript=Link(D)

where column D can have the TestScript Internal/External ID. Also you can have more than one testscript ID seperated by newline in 1 cell. This way you can link more than 1 testscript with 1 keyword

Klaus Jørgensen commented Sep 28 '15, 4:00 a.m.

Hi Reshma

Don't you mean?

keyword.tags=

Reshma Ratnani commented Sep 28 '15, 4:04 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

No Klaus.

tags are different from testscript. tags are basically used to filter keyword. If you check Keyword UI you should see a textfiled named tag.

Klaus Jørgensen commented Sep 28 '15, 4:27 a.m.

Hi again.

If I e.g. have created a Keyword called "IFRS" and want that to be assigned to some testcases that I should import. Should I that specify the IFRS keyword in column D or ?

keyword.tags=c   

It's just you mention testscript ID, but that I don't know when importing (they are first created in the process)

Reshma Ratnani commented Sep 28 '15, 6:11 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I am not sure what you are trying to achieve here. You cannot link keyword to testcase. To get testscript ID you need to open the feed url for testscript, right click select copy location and from that url you can find the ID of testscript. Feed url for testscript is in below format

https://<host>:<port>/jazz/service/com.ibm.rqm.integration.service.IIntegrationService/resources/<project area name>/testscript

For more infor goto https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RqmApi#Feeds

Klaus Jørgensen commented Sep 28 '15, 6:45 a.m.

Thanks Reshma for all your answers and help.

I am trying to find a way to kind of group the testcases that I am importing to RQM so that it would be easier to find them afterwards (hopefully making it easier to assign them to test suites etc.).

I could e.g. import 200 testcases of which 50 is related to functionality x and another 50 to functionality y etc.

The reason for my question was that I can see that you can associate a test script with a keyword and therefor I thought that could be nice to do directly in the import and not first afterwards when the testscripts are located in RQM

Klaus Jørgensen commented Sep 29 '15, 3:34 a.m.
showing 5 of 8 show 3 more comments

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.