It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to avoid duplication/Multiple addition of testcases into the test suite?

Mahesh Jayaramaiah (1635) | asked Dec 17 '15, 12:49 a.m.
edited Dec 17 '15, 1:16 a.m.
In RQM 5.0.2 Version,

I have created an Test suite and I have already created an ten Testcases for some requirements.

Now , I will add the Testcases in to the Test suite one by one and finally i will save the Test suite.

But now my question is , why RQM Test suite is allowing user to the add the same testcase again and again. It  is not tracking the unique addition of Testcases whereas the Test plan will not allow the same testcase to add again and again into the testplan.

One answer

permanent link
paul chu (59411) | answered Dec 21 '15, 10:10 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I think that within a test plan, the test cases are "what" to run so it does not make sense to have duplicates.  For a test suite, the test cases are "how" to run besides "what" to run.  The test cases are run in specific order.  I can picture a test case "capture data and reset system" that runs multiple times after many test cases within a test suite.

Comments
Mahesh Jayaramaiah commented Dec 21 '15, 11:55 p.m.

In RQM, Is there any configuration setting available just to avoid the addition of same unique id having Test cases in to an Test suite.

It may be difficult to keep track of adding the test cases into a Test suite, when there are a lot of test cases to be taken care.

paul chu commented Dec 29 '15, 9:48 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Sorry there is no such setting.  If there is a need for this option, please submit an enhancement here - IBM RFE Community.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.