It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Cannot load new projects

Michael Desimone (111) | asked Sep 18 '15, 9:43 a.m.
I'm relatively new to RTC SCM, and wondering if I'm doing something wrong, here's the scenario, thx in advance for incite:

User 1
Create new java project in sandbox
"Team"->"Share project" , Select appropriate component within repos workspace
CheckIn
Deliver to stream

User 2

If User 2 goes to Jazz Admin, Repos Workspaces,  right clicks on appropriate component, and select Load Projects, the new Project is not listed  (thought it should be...), we don't see a way to load new projects in this manner.
Confusing part, if we create a New repos workspace (a second repos workspace...), User 2 can see and Load the new project....

Current working approach:
In the Pending Changes window, Incoming Changes, the  new project is shown and available to be accepted by User 2.  He accepts the new project  into the workspace, all appears to be well
After pulling the new project in this manner, the New Project is NOW shown in that Load Project window...

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Sep 18 '15, 11:46 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
As far as I can tell, your second user will have to

1. Create his ownrepository workspace. This workspace has to flow with the stream where user 1 delivered to. If the user has this workspace already created before and loaded, that is fine too, provided it flows with the stream.
  2. The user 2 loads this repository workspace or has it loaded.
  3. After user 1 shared and delivered the new code into the component, user 3 will see incoming changes on said component and can accept them
  4. After accepting them, the projects will be loaded on disk

I think you have not yet understood how the Jazz SCm system works. Maybe https://jazz.net/library/article/126 can help. There are also various other articles like https://jazz.net/library/article/539 that might be helpful.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.