It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM - Estimate, Time Spent, and Total Run Time?

Mahari Hill (4861169230) | asked Sep 15 '15, 9:17 a.m.
CLM 5.0.2
Windows

Hello,

I noticed that each test suite has a Estimate and that the TSER has Estimate, Time Spent, and Total Run Time...
Is Total Run Time replacing Time Spent when the TSER is finished...?

If not, how do you use all 3 of these fields together? What widget/reports use the values?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Mehul Patel (9695) | answered Sep 16 '15, 3:19 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR
 Mahari,

No, total run time will not replace time spent and user needs to manually update it. Total run time reflects actual time taken to run the TSER in TSER result.

You can use 'Test Artifact Viewlet' (available 501 onward), choose 'Test Suite Execution Record' as artifact type and select required fields for display settings (Estimate, Time Spent etc..).

Regards,
Mehul

Mahari Hill selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Mahari Hill commented Sep 16 '15, 10:11 a.m.

Hello,

Thanks for the answer, however, I don't see where the value is coming from with these fields. I can see the points, and how many points have been executed to see progress.

In RTC, estimate and time spent can give an indication using progress bars on the status of the project.

How are Estimate and Time Spent showing any of this in RQM?

Mehul Patel commented Sep 16 '15, 2:09 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR

Mahari,

In RQM these are shown as progress at the top right of test suite view which is cumulative status of all TSERs.

Regards,
Mehul

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.