It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Exporting / Importing WI Templates

Sivarajah Rajeswaran (15412) | asked Sep 14 '15, 12:01 a.m.
retagged Sep 18 '15, 5:16 p.m. by Ken Tessier (84117)
How can I export a WI Template from one RTC instance to another to try avoiding having to re do the WI creating in another RTC instance

Accepted answer

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.5k480103) | answered Sep 14 '15, 4:29 a.m.
There is no easy mechanism to copy work item type across repositories. You may try copy/paste the fragment from template source but it is not trivial task.
Sivarajah Rajeswaran selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Lily Wang (4.9k714) | answered Sep 14 '15, 2:02 a.m.
 You can refer to:
https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?re=1&topic=/com.ibm.team.workitem.doc/topics/t_exporting_template.html&scope=null
to export a work item template.
If you need to import the template to a different RTC server, you may need to manually edit the XML file if the file has userid and some other information. Please see document https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/WorkItemTemplates

Comments
Sivarajah Rajeswaran commented Sep 14 '15, 4:02 a.m.

Sorry Lily, I did not explain my question correctly. I think the word "template" is misleading.

This is what I mean

I have created a new Work Item in one RTC instance called "Feature". Now I want to export this Workitem and import it into the 2nd RTC instance so that I don't have to do all the work again

Lily Wang commented Sep 14 '15, 4:27 a.m.

It's not clear what you want to export/import, a "Feature" work item or the custom work item type "Feature" which is a part of the process configuration?

For process configuration, you only can export the whole configuration as a process template, but can not only export the configuration partially.

Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk commented Sep 14 '15, 4:27 a.m.

Do you mean work item type here?

Sivarajah Rajeswaran commented Sep 14 '15, 7:08 p.m.

I tried exporting and importing a template. The export was not an issue but when I tries to import into another instance, I got the following message

"Cannot work items specified by the template. Workitem type com.ibm.team.workitem.workitemtype.feature is unknown

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.