It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there something like "Baseline Promotion Levels&quot

Torben Knerr (41112) | asked Nov 23 '07, 6:35 a.m.
In ClearCase there are so-called "Baseline Promotion Levels", which describe the stability of a component's baseline. When scm clients "rebase" their Development Stream, they will only get the baselines with a certain promotion level.

I guess that "re-basing" in CC is the same as "accepting Changesets from a Stream into your Repository Workspace" in Jazz. Is there anything like "Baseline Promotion Levels" in Jazz?

2 answers

permanent link
Jean-Michel Lemieux (2.5k11) | answered Nov 23 '07, 9:15 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Instead of baseline promotion levels we encourage the use of stream hierarchies to implement this level of stabilization and quality control. So instead of the baselines having the property, the stream does. For example. baselines delivered to a stream intended for weekly integration, have the characteristic of being blessed by the teams which delivered to it. In our own selfhosting, we only push baseline to integration which have been built and tests have run green in our team builds.

permanent link
Torben Knerr (41112) | answered Nov 26 '07, 1:49 p.m.
Could you upload a screenshot which shows how to organize such a stream hierarchy? I noticed that there is a very simplified example in the "Multiple-Stream Development with Jazz" tutorial, but I really can't imagine how this would look like for a large scale project..

Btw: are there some common patterns/strategies for organizing streams into a hierarchy? It would be great to have some examples documented, e.g. in the wiki.

Kind regards,
Torben

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.