It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

BIRT report with RQM. How to create a join query for one data set ?

harshal Wable (17315) | asked Aug 28 '15, 9:15 a.m.
I wanted to create a extensive report PDF which is in UI from BIRT with some modification. In BIRT I am not able to use a join query for a single data set.

my requirement is that for a particular plan-id , i wanted to extract all the data consisting test cases , test scripts , categories in one report .

Please suggest me on how to do the same.

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Aug 30 '15, 11:26 p.m.
In BIRT, you can always join multiple data sets together to achieve a combined/joint data set. If the two data sets being joined happen to contain the same data, you can create _two_ data sets with the same settings (hence containing same data).

If you still have difficulties in do so, can you please clarify what is "a join query for a single data set"?

Comments
harshal Wable commented Aug 31 '15, 5:30 a.m. | edited Aug 31 '15, 5:48 a.m.

I am trying to create a extensive report for Test Plan , which needs Category information , owner information , test cases and test script. I have a query with me , like "Select C.* from test Plan Table TP , Category C where TP.category name = c.category name" , I want this query for single data set and not two

Donald Nong commented Aug 31 '15, 5:50 a.m.

Have you created any BIRT reports for RQM before? The Jazz Data Source is not really a traditional SQL Data Source and I doubt that you can use any complex SQL statements against it.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.