It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

query work items based on change set contributors

Chad Baker (1315) | asked Aug 27 '15, 1:32 p.m.
edited Aug 31 '15, 1:15 p.m.
 I am trying to create a query that shows Work Items that have change sets that I delivered as related artifacts.  I tried to create the query based on Modified By > My user ID, but that does not yield any results.  

A similar query, which uses Owned By > My user ID works fine, but it identifies only a subset of the change sets I'm wanting to find because I have contributed change sets to work items that are not owned by me.  How can I identify all Work Items that are associated with change sets delivered by me or any contributor of interest?  

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Aug 28 '15, 11:07 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Aug 28 '15, 11:08 p.m.
There are no query terms in a work item query for change set information, so you cannot create such a query.
The Modified-By and Owned-By properties are properties of the work item itself, and are not related to change set information (such as who associated the change set to the work item) in any way.

On a terminological note, I'd recommend not using the term "deliver" when talking about invoking "Related_Artifacts -> Associate_Work_Items" operation.   The "deliver" operation adds change sets to a stream, and does not associate a change set with a work item.
Chad Baker selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Chad Baker commented Aug 31 '15, 1:16 p.m. | edited Aug 31 '15, 1:17 p.m.

I edited my question to reflect your terminological note.  Let me know if it's still semantically sloppy.  

Geoffrey Clemm commented Aug 31 '15, 7:43 p.m.

Yes, this fixes it ... many thanks for taking the trouble to do the edits!  It makes the forum a much more effective resource when the questions are clearly stated.

Chad Baker commented Sep 01 '15, 4:00 p.m.

No problem.   I cut my teeth on StackOverflow so I'm aware of the benefits of editing questions for clarity.  Do you know how I can submit this as a feature request?  

Geoffrey Clemm commented Sep 04 '15, 2:25 a.m.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.