It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

upload a new version of jpeg image

Isbelia Briceno (133) | asked Aug 23 '15, 11:27 p.m.
 I have several artifacts for images (jpeg) included in modules, when I upload a new version of the image file, the  artifact within the modules does not get 'updated' with the new image version immediately. It usually take a day or so to display the new image. If I open the artifact, the image is the updated one, but the view of the artifact within the module is the 'old' one. Is there anything I am missing? RRC version 4.0.5. Steps: Select module containing artifact jpeg file > open the individual artifact > edit > upload new version > Done. Reopen module > refresh > artifact with image still display old image. Open module new day > artifact displays new image version. Thanks.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Diane Everitt (27835) | answered Aug 24 '15, 11:36 a.m.

Hello Isabelia,

Are you using Chrome browser?  If so, this is a known issue and was reported in RDNG 5.0.2.  Note is not reproducible in RDNG 6.0.

If you are using Firefox browser, try refreshing browser cache in the module.

I hope this helps.

Diane

Isbelia Briceno selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Isbelia Briceno commented Aug 24 '15, 3:35 p.m.

Hello Diane, yes I was using Chrome browser. I followed the same steps to upload a new image version using Firefox, tried refreshing the browser and the image got updated properly. Thank you for the advice.

One other answer

permanent link
haseeb alam (91) | answered Dec 06 '23, 7:25 a.m.

On RDNG 6.0.6, I'm fine with this version. The problem was fixed when I switched to Firefox and restarted the browser; the image updated immediately. To speed up loading, pick a smaller image size use any online tool like https://jpegcompressor.com/ it helps to reduce the original image with compressed version.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.