It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Issue in Importing test script of type iTest

Hareesh Jairaj (832138) | asked Aug 15 '15, 12:08 a.m.
edited Aug 16 '15, 11:36 a.m.
Hi,

I am trying to import test scripts of type iTest, I have written below syntax where it is importing test script name,description, type(iTest or Manual) and Test script location path . Now am trying to give the parameter file path as input and assign a adapter to the test script.

Can any1 help in this , where i need syntax for Parameter file path and assigning a adapter to the script 

Syntax used for importing is as below :

remotescript.XLSArtifactID=A
remotescript.dc:title=B
remotescript.dc:description=C
remotescript.type=D
remotescript.owner=E
remotescript.manageadapter="true"
remotescript.fullpath=F

Assigning adapter & providing the parameter file path to the test script. I have checked with the rqm sample files where syntax available for rational testing tools only

Thanks & Regards,
Hareesh.

One answer

permanent link
Reshma Ratnani (1.1k1) | answered Aug 18 '15, 1:03 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Hareesh,

For adapter you need to first connect the adapter to the QM server. Then specify the ID value of adapter in cfg. Use below syntax

remotescript.adapterid=N

I am not sure what do you mean by parameter file path. But see if you can find below syntax useful

remotescript.rs:ScriptArguments=S
remotescript.rs:ExecArguments=T

Did you refer the sample "Testcase with Remote Scripts 001.xls" provided with the ImporterUtility installation. By default the samples folder is located at " C:\Program Files\IBM\RQMExcelImporter \Samples" location

Comments
Hareesh Jairaj commented Aug 31 '15, 12:52 a.m.

Hi Reshma,

Both of the given syntax are working. I have checked with the sample file "Testcase with Remote Scripts 001.xls". This file contains the syntax for all the rational tools. We are using "iTest" where it requires Parameter file input to perform the execution. Unable to attach the image. Please provide any email id to mail the same.

Thanks & regards,
Hareesh.

Hareesh Jairaj commented Sep 01 '15, 1:23 a.m.

Hi Reshma,

It is typo mistake. Both the given syntax are not working. Please help with the request on giving inputs of values to the attributes under test script type="iTest".

Regards,
Hareesh.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.