It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why aren't my RTC workitem editor presentation changes not showing up?

Andy Jewell (24236174) | asked Aug 13 '15, 12:19 p.m.
I am making a workitem editor presentation change and my change is not showing up.  I found this question which referred to synchronizing the attributes but that didn't work for me.  It may not even be exactly what I want because there were no attributes changes - just presentation change.  I.e,. the attribute already existed I just added it to a section but I can't get it to appear.  I've logged out and back in and have viewed the record in both the default presentation and the web presentation (where I've made changes in both) but can't get the silly thing to appear.

Maybe there's something simple I'm not doing?

Thanks!

Andy

Accepted answer

permanent link
Alexandre Stegani (8664) | answered Aug 13 '15, 6:06 p.m.
 Hi Andy,

Does the attribute exists for the work item type / presentation you have just modified? Example, in the WebUI browse to Manage This Project Area > Work Items > Types and Attributes > Select the work item type > In the Attributes section, can you see the attribute you have added to the presentation? If the attribute is not there, click Add > Reuse Existent Attibute and select the affected attribute.
Andy Jewell selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Andy Jewell commented Aug 14 '15, 10:26 a.m. | edited Aug 14 '15, 10:37 a.m.

Well, sort of of embarrassing but I think that was the problem.  That's strange because I thought I must have added it in the first place to make it accessible on the editor presentation.  I don't use the web UI for this type of thing but it's actually pretty straightforward and clean interface, I may be using it more often.  Thank you!

One other answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Aug 13 '15, 9:10 p.m.
I have seen cases where the process configuration changes (including editor presentation changes) made in the RTC Eclipse client cannot be reflected in the web client immediately (with refreshing the web page). Normally it resolves itself within half a day to a full day. We can only guess it is due to some cache issue but the root cause has never been pinpointed. If restarting the server is an option, you can try that. If the problem remains, you really need to double check whether you are viewing the right editor presentation (it happens, sometimes).

Comments
Andy Jewell commented Aug 14 '15, 10:39 a.m.

Thanks - I've experienced that in the past, as well, but this crossed over, even longer than a day.  I was getting so frustrated I checked several times whether or not I was modifying the right editor presentation, in fact, I almost wrote my question to the forum as "how do I show on the form which editor presentation is being used?".

I was modifying the correct editor presentation but actually, I was adding an attribute to the presentation that apparently wasn't listed in the attributes for that form.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.