It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Creatin a user based attribute

Michael Insler (112) | asked Aug 04 '15, 5:24 a.m.
edited Aug 04 '15, 5:26 a.m.

Hi,

I have DOORS NG 6.0.1 and I am trying to create a user based attribute called Responsibility. I created new attribute data type and a new artifact attribute. Still in the column that is created as a result is empty list. The outcome should be a list from which I can choose one user responsible for a specific requirement. 

I am adding some figures in order to illustrate what I did.

Artifact Type

Assigning

Attribute Data Type

What am I doing wrong? and how do I create this attribute?   

Comments
Michael Insler commented Aug 05 '15, 2:30 a.m. | edited Oct 07 '15, 10:15 p.m.

Hi guys,
It worked thank you for all the help it works perfectly now.

Michael Insler

2 answers

permanent link
Bas Bekker (1.4k4) | answered Aug 04 '15, 9:47 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
It works for me (DNG 6.0), I can create a attribute type with the User data type, give it initial values that show as check boxes when as editing an artifact, and when clicking the icon in the User attribute proprerties and setting it while editing an artifact field a pop-up comes up to search for repository users.

permanent link
Mike Jaworski (1.4k6) | answered Aug 04 '15, 9:47 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hi Michael,

Everything from your examples looks correct, however, I believe you need to add your new "Responsibility" attribute to the Artifact Type in question in order to be able to assign a value for an artifact. In your example, you would need to go to the Artifact Types tab in Manage Project Properties, select "System Requirement", and add the Responsibility attribute to the Attributes list for this Artifact Type. Once you click Save for the Artifact Type, you should be able to assign a value for the Responsibility attribute for System Requirement artifacts.

Does this make sense? I hope it helps!
Mike Jaworski

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.