It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Using the CLI in RTC, how do I create a Unique Repository Workspace Name for each build<

Donald Flinchum (11214) | asked Jul 31 '15, 4:37 p.m.
edited Jul 31 '15, 5:20 p.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645)
Using the CLI in RTC, how do I create a Unique Repository Workspace Name for each build? My area runs a daily build consisting of changesets for a product for one days work. I have a single build definition today, with a single repository workspace name, for ex.,WLV25DB DEVELOPMENT aar25 Workspace. This will allow me to keep only the latest set of source parts and listings for one days build. I would like to be able to programmatically create a uniquely named repository workspace for each daily build, name the workspace with an identifying character and date/time, that would contain the changsets for each days build, then execute the build definition to generate the text decks needed. Can you help me accomplish this?

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jul 31 '15, 5:21 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You don't, you use one repu workspace and if it is a public build you create a snapshot.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Aug 01 '15, 9:35 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

If you want to do this - which is absolutely pointless, because the repository workspace is ont relevant - the snapshots and baselines are, and you can recreate a repository workspace from it - you can use the SCM commandline for it. I am not sure how you would change the workspace the build uses.

However, I am convinced that this is not what you really want to do and that you have not understood how RTC build works and why you don't need to create these workspaces. You should try to understand that first. From my perspective run the build on the same workspace and creating a snapshot is what you are really after.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.